Quotes by Rumi
Rumi's work has been translated into many languages around the world, including Spanish, Arabic, German, Turkish, Russian, and English, among others. His works are being performed at concerts, readings, workshops, dance performances, and in other artiist creations.
I use Rumi's quotes in a lot of my artwork collages because I find them so visually beautiful and emotionally inspiring. I've posted several pieces of artwork that were inspired by rumi quotes. enjoy.
The one below is based on his quote, "The stars will be watching us, and we will show them what it is to be a thin cerscent moon."
• We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.
• Look at these worlds spinning out of nothingness. That is within your power.
• Inside the Great Mystery that is, we don't really own anything.
• Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form
• This is love: to fly toward a secret sky...
• ...the stars, like candles thrust at us from behind blue veils, and as if to make the invisible plain, a wondrous people have come forth...
• The rain-weeping and the sun burning twine together to make us grow
• Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
• A great silence overcomes me,and I wonder why I ever thought to use language.
• When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
• Your essence is gold hidden in dust. To reveal its splendor you need to burn in the fire of love.
• Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond...
The artwork below is based on rumi's quote, "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
• Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
• Every object, every being, is a jar full of delight.
• At last you have departed and gone to the Unseen. What marvelous route did you take from this world?
• Knowing that conscious decisions and personal memory are much too small a place to live, every human being streams at night into the loving nowhere, or during the day, in some absorbing work.